Start date: ASAP
Flexible Power Systems (FPS) is a Big Data and IoT enabled technology company that is removing barriers to van and truck fleet decarbonisation through our SaaS and hardware offers.
In the UK commercial vehicles account for around a third of transport emissions despite constituting only 12% of the fleet. As a result, many fleets are now beginning electrification journeys.
FPS works with some of the UK’s largest vehicle fleets on the challenge of replacing polluting diesel vehicles with zero emission alternatives. We have three products that support fleets looking to clean up:
- FPS Plan – a large scale decision support tool that allows operators to identify promising locations for electrification, test vehicle and charger choices and understand fleet- and site-wide power and energy implications.
- FPS Deploy – technical services and proprietary power electronics to help EVs fit into commercial vehicle fleets.
- FPS Operate – a platform that aggregates data from across our customers’ businesses to forecast requirements, monitors asset health and optimise and control fleet and charger operations in real times.
These offers have undergone proof of concept testing with customers like Waitrose and Sainsbury’s and our business is now scaling up.
We are seeking a business development manager to work on building a sales pipeline and refining our sales strategy with the Executive Team for the initial stages of growth.
This will involve:
- Building strong relationships with commercial vehicle fleets and complementary solution providers in the UK and European markets
- Developing a pipeline of opportunities through targeted networking, relationship development and handling inbound leads
- Contributing to our database of market intelligence to ensure that we respond appropriately to market developments
- Input to marketing to develop and evolve our materials and marcomms activities
- Capturing customer requirements to guide product development and solution specification activities that feed in to tenders through your customer and market interactions.
This is a B2B sales role which requires:
- Understanding and experience of the commercial vehicle sector, including the drive to transition fleets to clean energy
- A track record of delivering new business in the industry, by building and maintaining relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to work independently, whilst interacting effectively with business development colleagues and the broader FPS team
- Both the energy and ability to manage multiple simultaneous engagements and relationships, using appropriate CRM platform(s) to record and track progress
- Commercial and business planning capabilities
Prior experience of the following is desirable:
- Commercial vehicle industry
- Electric vehicles or chargers
- Fleet management software or telematics
In addition to English, the ability to speak French, German or Spanish would be an advantage.
- Salary grade for this role is £50-65k depending on experience and qualifications.
- A target based bonus will also be available
- The company operates a contributory pension scheme, with the company contributing 3% of salary and the employee 5%
- The company has an EMI compliant share option scheme which is likely to be extended this financial year
- Holiday entitlement is 25 days p.a. excluding bank holidays, following probation.
- Remote and hybrid working is available to staff on an ongoing basis
- The role will require travel to UK and overseas clients and partners from time to time.