Start date: ASAP
Flexible Power Systems (FPS) is a Big Data and IoT enabled technology company that is removing barriers to van and truck fleet decarbonisation.
In the UK commercial vehicles account for around a third of transport emissions despite constituting only 12% of the fleet so they have to be tackled if we are to avoid dangerous climate change.
FPS works with some of the UK’s largest vehicle fleets on the challenge of replacing polluting diesel vehicles with zero emission alternatives. We have three products that support fleets looking to clean up.
- fps plan – a large scale simulation tool that allows operators to identify promising locations for electrification, test vehicle and charger choices and understand power and energy implications.
- fps deploy – a range of technical and project management services to de-risk EV infrastructure and vehicle deployments.
- fps operate – a platform that aggregates data from across our customers’ businesses to forecast requirements, monitors asset health and optimise and control fleet and charger operations in real times.
All of these offers have undergone proof of concept testing with target customers and we are now in the process of scaling our platforms and onboarding new customers.
We are seeking a data analyst to join the growing team at FPS, you will work on new features for our management platform as well as analysing fleet data to support our customers’ investment decisions.
As a data analyst, we will help you to develop and use your skills to work with our team to organize, visualize and model with large data sets relating to real world operations.
You will contribute to:
- Data Management by importing, cleaning and organising raw data in a way that enables both you and the team to make best use of it.
- Data Analysis by working with technical experts from the transport, operations and energy sectors to analyse current operations and help model physical and operations scenarios to test options using large volumes of logistics and energy consumption data.
- Visualizations and Reports: you will help us to see and understand our customer’s data in a way that enables us to identify opportunities for energy, cost and emissions savings as well as effectively communicating these opportunities to our customers.
- Forecasting and Optimisation: you will work with the developer and DevOps team to build and release new forecasting and optimisation features on our operate management platform.
- Enterprise System Integrations: you will work with the developer and DevOps teams to prototype new integration features for our operate management platform
The role requires significant quantities of quantitative data analysis and so a degree level qualification or higher in a numerate discipline (e.g. computer science, economics, engineering or physics) is necessary. Ideally your degree or work experience will have enabled you to build expertise collecting, cleaning and processing data, as well as implementing algorithms for analysis or optimisation.
Whilst we can provide training and support, useful software skills include:
- Java Script
- Excel & VBA
Prior experience of the following is desirable:
- Client/customer interactions
- Optimisation Problems
- Statistical analysis or Machine Learning
Experience or interest in the following fields would be highly beneficial:
- Electric Vehicles and Chargers
- Energy Storage
- Commercial vehicles
- Logistics Operations and Software
- Salary grade for this role is £28-35k depending on experience and qualifications.
- The company operates a pension scheme that it contributes 3% of salary to your 5%.
- The company has an EMI compliant share option scheme which is likely to be extended this financial year.
- Holiday entitlement is 25 days p.a. excluding bank holidays following probation.
- Remote and hybrid working is available to staff on an ongoing basis.
- The role will also require travel to UK and overseas clients and partners from time to time.