As part of the Company’s growth FPS is seeking a Senior Developer to work with our engineering and analysis teams on a series of classification, forecasting and optimisation tools that form part of a wider energy and logistics management platform FPS is developing for a major grocery retailer.
The platform interfaces a wide range of devices like electric vehicle chargers, battery storage systems and site metering as well as several client logistics systems (e.g. transport planning and warehouse management). The systems goal is to develop robust and optimal schedules for the client’s operations.
The role has considerable scope for development. You will from the start work with an experienced CTO and DevOps team to help architect the system, propose solutions and approaches as well as improving the company’s code production practices. Our intention is that the successful candidate will progress to the grade of software architect who can lead a larger developer team within 18 months.
The role will require you to work closely with our analyst, engineering, and DevOps/IoT teams on:
- Classification Models: for application to journey and energy consumption data.
- Forecasting Tools: principally in relation to energy consumption of buildings and vehicles as well as some logistics processes.
- Optimisation Tools Development: in the fields of energy asset purchasing decision support and operations scheduling.
- Developing and modularising FPS tools: FPS has a range of proprietary forecasting and optimisation tools developed in Python with customer data that are being moved into an Azure IoT environment. Your work will produce upgrades and new tools as well as helping to modularise our code to allow for simpler customisation.
- Implementation – working closely with DevOps and our IoT partners you will contribute to planning develop and test, disaster recovery and 3rd party interface processes and approaches.
- Developing a Product Roadmap: working with the senior leadership team you will contribute to development of the company’s product roadmap.
The role requires substantial amounts of hands-on software development as well as code reviews. So at least 5 years’ experience of development in a professional context is essential.
Whilst we will provide training and support, useful skills include:
- Machine Learning for Time series forecasting and/or classification
- Regression models
- Code reviews and mentoring.
Prior experience of the following is desirable:
- Data Analysis (e.g. (NumPy, Pandas, SciPy)
- Optimisation Tool Libraries (e.g. CVXPY, PuLP or commercial solvers)
- ML packages (e.g. scikit-learn, TensorFlow)
- Github protocols and tools
- Microsoft Azure or other comparable cloud products
Experience or interest in the following fields would be highly beneficial:
- Energy systems (vehicles, stationary (on and off grid))
- Mechanical and electrical energy storage and generation technologies
- Logistics (warehousing, vehicles or retail environments)
- Salary grade for this role is £60-85k depending on experience and qualifications.
- The company operates a pension scheme that it contributes 3% of salary to your 5%.
- The company has an EMI compliant option to offer staff a share in the company’s success
- Holiday entitlement is 25 days p.a. excluding bank holidays following probation.
- The Company’s offices are in South West London near Clapham Junction station though remote working is available to all staff on an ongoing basis.
Please submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Successful CVs will progress to interviews with FPS’s leadership team.