The company has new projects launching in the field of fleet electrification and so is seeking new members of the analyst team. More details about the roles are below.
Start date: ASAP
Logistics (including trucks, ships, warehouses and shops) is a vital enabler of global trade and urban living. It is though energy intensive, globally consuming 12,400TWh per year or 7.5x the UK’s total energy usage! It also contributes nearly 10% of global CO2 emissions. To avoid dangerous climate change whilst maintaining our way of life, it is therefore essential that we find ways to decarbonise logistics.
Flexible Power Systems (FPS) combines large scale data analytics, simulation and engineering to build fact driven decarbonisation solutions for our clients who are some of the UK’s largest retailers and logistics providers.
We are seeking a data analyst to join the growing team at FPS and help us to use operations and energy data to help companies select the most effective combinations of technology to decarbonise their operations.
As a data analyst, we will help you to develop and use your skills to work with our team organize, visualize and model with large data sets relating to real world operations.
You will contribute to:
- Data Management by importing, cleaning and organising raw data in a way that enables both you and the team to make best use of it.
- Data Analysis by working with technical experts from the transport, operations and energy sectors to analyse current operations and help model physical and operations scenarios to test options using large volumes of logistics and energy consumption data.
- Visualizations and Reports: you will help us to see and understand our customer’s data in a way that enables us to identify opportunities for energy, cost and emissions savings as well as effectively communicating these opportunities to our customers.
- Creating business opportunities: you will help us to integrate the diffuse datasets that our customers are supplying into a detailed picture of their operations that we can use as a platform to offer them win-win business opportunities for decarbonisation.
The role requires significant quantities of quantitative data analysis and so a degree level qualification or higher in a numerate discipline (e.g. computer science, economics, engineering or physics) is necessary. Ideally your degree or work experience will have enabled you to build expertise collecting, cleaning and processing data, as well as implementing algorithms for analysis or optimisation.
Whilst we will provide training and support, useful software skills include:
- Java Script
- Excel & VBA
- Sharepoint or other KM systems.
Prior experience of the following is desirable:
- Client/customer interactions
- Project management
- Database environments
- Optimisation Problems
Experience or interest in the following fields would be highly beneficial:
- Energy systems (vehicles, stationary (on and off grid))
- Mechanical and electrical energy storage and generation technologies
- Logistics (warehousing, vehicles or retail environments)
- Salary grade for this role is £28-35k depending on experience and qualifications.
- The company operates a pension scheme that it contributes 3% of salary to your 5%.
- Whilst the company does not yet offer an equity ownership scheme it is management’s intention that one will be established for qualifying employees during 2020.
- Holiday entitlement is 25 days p.a. excluding bank holidays following probation.
- The Company’s offices are in South West London near Clapham Junction station.
- The role will also require travel to UK and overseas clients and partners from time to time.
Successful CVs will progress to interviews in London with FPS’s leadership team.