Start date: ASAP
Flexible Power Systems (FPS) is a Big Data and IoT enabled technology company that is removing barriers to van and truck fleet decarbonisation through our SaaS and hardware offers.
In the UK commercial vehicles account for around a third of transport emissions despite constituting only 12% of the fleet. As a result, many fleets are now beginning electrification journeys.
FPS works with some of the UK’s largest vehicle fleets on the challenge of replacing polluting diesel vehicles with zero emission alternatives. We have three products that support fleets looking to clean up:
- fps plan – a large scale decision support tool that allows operators to identify promising locations for electrification, test vehicle and charger choices and understand fleet- and site-wide power and energy implications.
- fps deploy – technical services and proprietary power electronics to help EVs fit into commercial vehicle fleets.
- fps operate – a platform that aggregates data from across our customers’ businesses to forecast requirements, monitors asset health and optimises and controls fleet and charger operations in real times.
These offers have undergone proof of concept testing with customers like Waitrose and Sainsbury’s and our business is now scaling up.
We are seeking a Software Engineer with hands on experience of working with hardware to help develop, deploy and manage the devices communicating with the FPS back-office management systems. For example, EV Charge Points, in-house developed equipment, or similar “Smart Devices”.
This will involve:
- Working within the Hardware Team to develop communication platforms from specification to prototype, deployment and production.
- Working across Teams to interface and support hardware products into the FPS back-office platforms.
- Liaising with customers to support product up-time and development within the field.
- Interfacing with suppliers to ensure that the latest solutions and offerings are understood and available to the teams.
This is a Software role supporting the hardware development team which requires:
- Hardware/Embedded focused software development
- Experience working with and debugging hardware
- Good understanding of network infrastructure and application
- Practical Electrical and electronic knowledge
Prior experience of the following is desirable:
- Prior experience with EV back-office development and OCCP
- Network Comms development
- PCB Design and Layout
- Working knowledge of ISO 15118
- Vehicle CANbus architecture
The successful applicant should have at least 2-3 years operational experience; must be fluent in English and available for work within the UK. Whilst not essential, ideally the preferred candidate should be located in the North West of England.
- Salary grade for this role is £40-45k depending on experience and qualifications.
- The company operates a contributory pension scheme, with the company contributing 3% of salary and the employee 5%.
- The company has an EMI compliant share option scheme which is likely to be extended this financial year.
- Holiday entitlement is 25 days p.a. excluding bank holidays, following probation.
- Remote and hybrid working is available to staff on an ongoing basis
- The role will require travel to UK and overseas clients and partners from time to time.